Sunday, October 23, 2011

RILS_REFLECTION

I worked with Posterous Spaces for my RILS project. I created a blog site for bringing awareness to Vision Therapy. My goal was to have several contributors that would post at least two times and comment on other posts. Adding the contributors was easy and Posterous sent a pre-written email giving instructions on how to sign up and then how to post. I asked four people to be contributors. Only one person followed through and posted once. Posterous did not make it clear that the person would not be able to see the post until I, the administrator, accepted the post. Once I accepted the post, it was visible to the public. Not having the other contributors follow through was disheartening, but I certainly learned a great deal from this experience. I had also created a Google Form to be filled out and submitted, but only the one person completed the task.

Another issue that surfaced was the fact that I wasn't aware that I needed to have written documentation to use the clinic's name on my site and that the other contributors needed to fill out other release forms besides the one's from Full Sail. WRENCH! WRENCH! WRENCH!

After discussing these issues with the Dr. and his wife, we decided that this blog site would not work for the audience I should be targeting, teachers. Therefore, I will be deleting this site and creating a new one dedicated to teachers and vision therapy awareness within the classroom setting. The sight will be a Q & A blog site where I will post questions and the doctor will answer them. Teachers will be able to leave comments and ask other questions. The doctor's wife had some great ideas on different possibilities we needed to look into. One of the possibilities is having a Webinar once a month on different aspects of vision, vision disabilities, good vision hygiene within the classroom, and many more. I have decided that I like the WordPress platform better than I like Posterous Spaces and will be creating the new blog there. I am more excited now for this new direction than I was before even though my RILS project crashed and burned. I will keep you posted on the progression of my revamped RILS.

No comments:

Post a Comment