Saturday, October 1, 2011

BP2_iGoogle PLE

This week I have been revamping my iGoogle page. To be honest, I haven't used it since our first class MLR where we created it. After reevaluating the gadgets and tabs, I believe I will be spending an enormous amount of time on this page. I forgot how convenient it was to have everything right at my finger tips. Below, you will find the screen shots of my pages. I added an extra page to the list to help me keep up with my classmates blogs.


Tab 1 - Home 
I already had my Facebook and twitter gadget on this page. I am an avid tweeter, especially networking with educators who are in the technology field. I find a lot of useful apps, websites, insights, and information from them. I also have my calendar, Gmail, and To Do list on this page.


Tab 2 - FSO/AR
This tab is everything FSO/AR right at my fingertips. YAY! No more going to bookmarks. I am very excited to have this page. Of course, I have a To Do list on this page as well. I find that I, personally, cannot have too many To Do lists posted. I need all the reminders I can get.


Tab 3 - Resources
This resource tab includes links needed for my current class, Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture (ETC). One box includes links to this blog and useful ETC web sites. The second box includes links to Lynda.com, a web site that houses useful training videos for the programs I am learning to use during this program. I also included a Flickr gadget to have my pictures at my finger tips whenever I need them.


Tab 4 - Blogs
I have created another tab where I will keep the links of my fellow classmates blogs. No more going to my bookmarks. This will prove to be a very convenient and efficient tab. I also have a few of the other blogs I follow on this page and in the Google Reader. I plan on adding a Link Box for each of the blog types to which I subscribe. Again, I love to collaborate and network. Check out some of the Educational blogs. They are full of great resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment