Sunday, October 9, 2011

BP4_Posterous

For my second Web 2.0 tool, I am exploring collaborative/networking sites. I plan to use this site as a community of practice for my Action Research project on Vision Therapy. My hope is to have many volunteer authors, such as optometrists, educators, parents, and patients, to help contribute to this site on a regular basis. I have not settled on one tool as of yet. I am still exploring, but for this assignment, I started a site on Posterous. I will also show you the other sites I am considering.


The first step was to sign up for a free Space. There is a video you can watch that will show you how to start and create your very own Posterous space.



As with any site, you customize the look of your site from various choices. For now, I have chosen something simple with a professional feel. I will also change the name of my space as I continue.


You also have the choice to create a private or a public space. There is a brief description of how each type works.


I will be choosing a public site because I want to bring awareness to Vision Therapy, and have a place where professionals and non-professionals can post information and testimonials.


The last step is to create your first post. I have created mine. I haven't published it yet. I am still working on the layout and contacting volunteers who will be willing to contribute to the site. For now, I have saved my first post.



I am also looking into Wikispaces and pbwikis. This collaborative site will be part of my Relevant and Innovative Learning Scenarios (RILS) assignment. 

I have included a YouTube news video below for you to watch in hopes that you will be able to glean some understanding of what Vision Therapy is and how it affects learning.







No comments:

Post a Comment