Saturday, July 21, 2012

WK3 Leadership Post: Leadership Project Hub



When I began thinking about my project, my son had started going to Vision Therapy to help with his ADHD and Dyslexia. At that time, Vision Therapy was new to me and something I would call a bit "out there." I had a lot of questions that needed to be answered. As I began researching, I found that vision accounts for 80 to 90 percent of all information a person takes in daily. As a teacher, I have studied about Multiple Intelligences and how each student has a different way of learning. So, learning that vision is where the majority of our information comes in was a new concept and one that I wanted to learn more about. This past year I have been working for the same doctor that my son was going to for Vision Therapy. The doctor was an invaluable source for my research. I began asking myself what would happen if there was an alternative way educators could help students with learning difficulties become more successful. Therefore, I created a Prezi presentation, Vision: The Missing Link to Learning, to help bring about awareness of vision related learning problems.

In my Week 1 Leadership Post, I wrote about my thought process in deciding why I want to write an article instead of giving a presentation. In my Week 2 Leadership Post, I contemplated which two journals I would submit my article in hopes of being published. My Leadership Document brings all of my research together in one document.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful project. I love the work you put into your Prezi and wish that that had been your project, but understand that you can reach a potentially greater audience publishing versus presenting. Good luck. You have a wonderful task ahead.

    ReplyDelete