Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WK 1 Leadership post: To Publish or To Present

For my leadership project, I have decided to write an article for publication in a journal. I have based this decision on a couple of factors: conferences for the summer have already started, and more research needs to be completed on Vision Therapy and the role it plays in learning. The chance that my article could be published would bring awareness to a wider audience. Hopefully, that would lead to more people becoming involved in researching and accepting the validity of the connection between learning and vision. I have seen first hand how important Vision Therapy is to help students and adults become more successful in school, at work, and in their everyday lives. This will not be an easy task for me, but I have found that I have a stronger writing ability that I wasn't aware of until I started the EMDT program. I will have to take it one step at a time. But, isn't that the way to do anything?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for accepting the challenge to step outside ones comfort zone and push oneself just a bit more. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete