Saturday, July 14, 2012

WK2 Leadership Blog Post


For my leadership project, I have decided to write an article for publication in a journal. I have searched through Dr. Bedard’s list, and I have narrowed down my choices to Journal of Teacher Education, and Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy. The Journal of Teacher Education (JTE) is leading teacher education through the 21st century with timely topics such as field experiences and teacher education; cognitive science and critical thinking; preparing teachers for urban schools; teachers' beliefs; accreditation and certification; selection, retention, and recruitment of minority teachers and teacher leadership; perspectives on leadership; professional ethics in teacher education; and restructuring teacher education. The Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy is the only literacy journal published exclusively for teachers of older learners. Each issue offers practical, classroom-tested ideas grounded in research and theory. Because my AR Project deals with vision and learning, I am looking for a publication that will bring awareness of vision-related learning problems to educators, if my article gets published. 



1 comment: